Healthier Thai food choices, so you can lose weight.
Thai food is fairly healthy, and it’s a great option for eating out especially if you’re vegetarian or have vegetarian friends. Usually where you can run into trouble if you’re trying to lose weight is ordering too much food or ordering food with too much saturated fat.
Here are 3 options of what you can do. I would only pick 1 of these options and keep doing that until it’s a habit and you don’t have to think about it anymore.
- If you’re eating too much food:
- Increase the spice level by 1-2 points, stars, etc. This should slow down how fast you eat, make you drink more water, so you get fuller faster and then you will eat less food. It may not be so great coming out the other end 🙁 but should limit how much food you put in your mouth.
- If you’re not eating too much food, switch to lower saturated fat foods:
- Switch from coconut based curries and soups to non-coconut based curries and soups. Coconut is usually healthy, but in restaurant Thai food it can have too much saturated fat which will end up on you as fat.
- OR you can switch from fried rice, noodles, or dumplings to steamed rice, noodles, or dumplings for the same reason, fried food has more saturated fat which will end up as fat in your body.
If you’re having trouble turning this into a habit pretend I’m at dinner with you checking out all of your food choices, so you feel obligated to make the healthier choice 🙂
Want to learn how to make weight loss easier? Sign up for the If We Were Family email list and get my Guide to Losing 15 Pounds Without Cooking or Calorie Counting and start losing weight this month!
6 thoughts on “Can I Lose Weight Eating Thai Food?”
Thai food includes different herbs and spices which makes it healthier at the same it is tasty.
Nice tutorial. I was glad to read this post as it contains some great knowledge. Well done!
It’s amazing how even just eating Thai food can Lose Weight!
Hi, Thanks for your nice article. I think an average order of Pad Thai from anywhere in the world contains 700-970 calories per portion. That’s nearly half of what you need to eat in calories for the entire day. Unless you are training to be the next strongman, no one needs to eat a 970-calorie meal, that’s just ludicrous. Plus, it’s high in fat and sugar. If you still insist on eating Pad Thai every day, ask for the vegetable or tofu option. That version of the dish will at least be lower in calories.
You’re welcome. Yes portion size is very important when trying to lose weight.
Comments are closed.